Hey loves! Have you been scrolling through Sephora aimlessly looking for products to fill your cart up with but with a bit of hesitation because of the price tag? WELL, lucky for you, Sephora’s annual VIB sale is on RIGHT NOW (April 20-23) and I got you covered on how and what to buy during it!
For this blog post, I wanted to give you guys a glance at some of the products I swear by and that are ACTUALLY worth every penny of your hard-earned cash.
I actually have some tips on buying strategically during this sale to help you spend wisely & save even more $$$!
How to Buy:
- INVEST in skincare- it’s the most important thing you’ll ever buy for your face/body!
- SPLURGE on hair/makeup items that you probably wouldn’t buy if they weren’t on sale, BUT make sure that you’re not going overboard either! *I would say maybe only buy up to 2 or 3 splurge-worthy items!*
- ONLY BUY WHAT YOU TRULY NEED– BUT it’s okay to treat yourself once in a while, especially if the item is on sale.
- DO NOT BUY ON IMPULSE– create a plan on what you’re exactly going to buy and make sure to track what you’re spending your $$$ on.
- CHECK OUT SALE ITEMS– it’s a sale on top of a sale! DON’T just buy the item cause’ it’s on sale though. Be picky!
- PICK UP ITEMS that you are about to run out or need back-ups of *unless you have enough product until the next sale in November* (EX: I pick up an extra Anastasia Beverly Hills “Brow Wiz” because I always need a back-up… you never want to get to the end of your wiz after only doing one brow- TRUST me it’s not pretty!)
- DO USE EBATES– https://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=8kGEDl0YERs%3D&src=Link (BTW that’s my personal referral link!) to SAVE EVEN MORE on your purchase! If you don’t use Ebates yet, I definitely recommend that you do. I’ve been able to save so much money from using this site!
- Again, DO NOT OVERSPEND! Try and curate exactly what you need by looking through your “loves list.”After adding some of these items into your cart, go through it again and weed out products that you don’t think you’ll really get a lot of use out of.
If you really want a product that’s very expensive but you don’t have enough money at the moment (because of a thing called life), don’t worry- Sephora has their other annual 20% off VIB sale during November, so save that cash and put it towards your current needs because you can always buy whatever you need in the next sale.
A lot of these tips that I swear by have really helped me into saving A LOT of money. By narrowing your products down- you truly help your bank account AND the minimize clutter & hoarding tendencies in regards to your makeup/skincare collection.
Below are some of my favourite brands & products that I SWEAR BY. I’ve tried to narrow it down to my favs but chances are I truly love a lot of the products from the brand so keep that in mind if you’re looking to try some of these out! A lot of these brands that I’ve mentioned have some great products in general!
Whether it be makeup, skincare or even haircare, I’m only recommending only the best of what I personally use.
FYI- I SEPARATED DRUNK ELEPHANT FROM THE REST OF THE PRODUCTS BECAUSE I USE MOST OF THEM & I TRULY LOVE THEM, SO THERE MAY BE SOME CATEGORIES MISSING BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT I ONLY USE DE PRODUCTS FOR THAT EXCLUSIVELY!
What to Buy:
EYE PRODUCTS (CREAM AND POWDER):
HIGHLIGHTER (CREAM AND POWDER):
BLUSH / BRONZER:
***ALL PHOTOS TAKEN FROM SEPHORA.COM***
There you have it! My round-up of the best that Sephora has to offer!
I hope my tips and this mini guide has helped you out! Let me know if you have any other tips on how you save during these sales. I’d love to know!